an incomplete list:
- It’s okay to have your heart broken. It’s okay if it takes a long time to heal.
- There really isn’t anything in the world that’s going to satisfy me. I’ve tried ambition and I’ve tried romance – nothing’s going to do it. God does satisfy, and wholehearted pursuit of Him is possible. I’ve asked Him to teach me how.
- I decided to stay in college.
- I know that I really want a family and a house.
- I started an Etsy shop. Okay, I haven’t listed anything yet, but I have a profile picture and a name and I’m working on drawing a logo. I resisted doing this for years… I have ridiculously high expectations for myself and I didn’t want to start anything unless I knew for sure what I was doing. I still don’t know what I’m doing, but I’m not waiting any more. I learned that it’s no use being afraid.
likes & dislikes
- I hate straws. Give me a cup, give me a cup with a lid maybe, but don’t give me a cup with a straw. Can’t we just drink things out of the cup?
- I hate pens with clicky things. I want a proper pen with a cap.
- I love spiral-bound notebooks, but hate notebooks that you have to crease to open, that aren’t spiral bound. (How am I supposed to write in you?)
- I love Chinese food. For the majority of my life my knowledge of Chinese food was relegated to fortune cookies, until this year, when my family went out for Chinese food for someone’s birthday… And the Chinese buffet in town is five dollars. Five dollars. (Cream cheese wontons, anyone? Oh yum.)
- I love Mari Andrew.
- I love Friends but I don’t love Gilmore Girls.